Wednesday 25 April 2012

I scream! U scream! Ice cream!

Yes, that's right, my second post on my blog and it's not even about cupcakes! Shame on me! Lol

So the other day at work our 'caretaker' guy person said he was cleaning out our staff fridge/freezers, so we all cleared out our leftovers and lunches etc. The next day I walk into work and put my lunch in the now sparkling clean fridge only to find this on the top shelf ...

Firstly what is an icecream cake doing in the FRIDGE?! Silly man! Secondly I had completely forgotten about it! I made it for one of my managers a few months ago, (yes thats right I did say a few months ago, it was in the freezer so it was still ok to eat) as it was her bday and I had promised her all summer that I would make her this fab icecream cake that she used to always have as a kid. Anyway she gave me this recipe from I think a Aust Women's Weekly book, honestly I can't really remember I just took it and said 'yeah, yeah, I'll make it for you one day' hahaha

Turns out its actually super easy to make and tastes delicious, perfect on a hot summers day!

All you do is buy a big tub of vanilla icecream, one of those 4L ones then thaw it out a little, just so it's soft, but not completely melted and runny. Then you add anything you want! So I added custard, raspberries (frozen or fresh, either is fine) pistachio nuts (gave it a nice crunch), Turkish delight, preferably the authentic stuff (the ones coated in icing sugar, yum!) but if not the chocolate ones are fine too. Then you just mix it all together then pour it into one of those spring lock cake tins (the ones that are good to use for cheesecakes) then chuck it back in the freezer and freeze overnight and that's it. You can add more stuff on top when u serve it up, just to make it look pretty, but that's it, I did tell u it was super easy right. And this should be the end result ...

So, has anyone else made an icecream cake before? What did u put in ures?

No comments:

Post a Comment